Turning Interest Into Action
Dealing with the challenges of today requires problem-solvers who bring different perspectives and are willing to take risks. Vegetarian Association of Ghana emerged out of a pursuit to inspire and support the community, and a desire for actions to speak louder than words. Established in 2000, we’re an organization driven by progressive ideas, bold actions, and a strong foundation of support. Contact us to learn more and get involved.
Here at Vegetarian Association of Ghana, we’re committed to investing our expertise and resources in order to further achieve our cause. Since 2005, we’ve been supporting our community members in a variety of ways and measuring our success not by monetary size, but by more qualitative measurements such as the scale and effectiveness of our efforts. Just imagine what we can achieve together!
Registered as a not for profit association, the Vegetarian Association of Ghana is a member of the International Vegetarian Union (IVU) which is a growing global network of independent organisations with the aim of promoting vegetarianism worldwide.
The Association has been at the forefront of educating Ghanaians about the healthy alternative of a lifestyle based on a vegetarian diet. The organisation is made up of members from all walks of life and members belong to a wide range of religious, non-religious & spiritual orientation. Personal beliefs are not a prerequisite to becoming a member of VegGhana, health living is the common denominator binding members. We welcome vegans, vegetarians and anyone living or transiting to a healthy lifestyle.
Several people from all walks of life support the efforts of the Association especially during the Annual VegFest now held every Farmers day 1st December by setting up exhibition stands to educate the public on their varied agendas and also sell healthy food goods & services to attendees.
VegGhana is at the fore front of propagating the benefits of Vegan, Vegetarianism and healthy lifestyles.
Some of the benefits of adopting a Vegetarian lifestyle include the following:
Improves the immune system
Stronger & healthier bones
More efficient functioning organs
Better blood circulation
Healthier digestive system
Enhances spiritual development
Reduces sickness and high cost of medical care
May reduce incidence of diabetes
Reduces risk of cataract development
Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
Vegetarians usually have low cholesterol
Less risk of stroke and obesity
It can satisfy all your nutritional requirements
More sustainable diet and nutrition for the planet
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
· To bring all vegetarians of Ghana under one umbrella
· To promote vegetarianism & plant based products
· To provide educational programs on vegetarianism for sound health through social activities like dinners, picnics, cooking demonstrations and health and wellness fairs and seminars.
· To stimulate support on organic farming and food processing
· To foster public awareness about genetically modified (GMO) foods and their potential danger
·To help the government to combat malnutrition with plant based diet
·To establish international cultural exchange programs for vegetarians
· To promote & raise the level of vegetarianism (through the mass media, public talks by professionals and vegetarians, reference library with books, articles, research papers, magazines and our monthly informative newsletter for members etc)
· We do not seek to convert people to become vegetarians but to provide the requisite information and support for individuals and groups
Meet our tribe
Our dedicated team of experienced professionals are always on the ball, utilizing their unique skills and passion to move the work of our Non-Profit Organization forward. We’re always pushing ourselves to stay ahead of the curve and striving to perfect our programs. Meet some of our incredible leaders below.
Favourite Quote: There is nothing more important than our good health - that is our principal capital asset.– Arlen Specter